Capsicum frutescens L
- Basha KM, and Whitehouse FW (1991) A therapeutic options for painful diabetic neuropathy Henry Ford Hosp Med J 39, 139-140
- Bernstein JE, et al (1986) Effects of topically applied capsaicin on moderate and severe psoriasis vulgaris J Am Acad Dermatol 15, 504-507
- Bernstein JE, et al (1987) Treatment of chronic post-herpetic neuralgia with topical capsdaicin. A preliminary study J Am Acad Dermatol 17, 93-96.
- Chad DA, Aronin, N, Lundstrom L, et al (1990) Does capsaicin relieve tje pain of diabetic neuropathy? Pain 42, 387-388
- Cowan RP, et al (1990) Treatment of HIV sensory neuropathy with topical capsaicin Neurology 40(Suppl 1), 301
- Deal CL, et al (1991) Treatment of arthritis with topical capsaicin: A double-blind trial Clin Ther 13, 383-395
- Dib B (1987) Effects of intrathecal capsaicin on autonomic and behavioural heat loss responses in the rat. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 28,65-70
- Editorial (1983) Hot peppers and substance P Lancet 1(8335): 1198
- Ellis CN, et al (1993) A double-blind evaluation of topical capsaicin in pruritic psoriasis J Am Acad Dermatol 29 (3), 438-442
- Fluckiger, F. & Hanbury, D. (1885) Pharmacographia - The History of the Principle Drugs of Vegetable Origin. Reprinted Delhi (1986)
- Fusco BM and Alessandri M (1992) Analgesic effects of capsaicin in idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia. Anesth Analg 74, 375-377
- Henry CJ, Emery B (1986) Effects of spiced food on metabolic rate Hum Nutr Clin Nutr 40(2): 165-168
- Horowitz M, et al (1992) The effect of chilli on gastrointestinal transit. J Gatstoenterol Hepatol 7, 52-56
- Jancso N, et al. (1967) Direct evidence for direct neurogenic inflammation and its prevention by denervation and by pretreatment with capsaicin
- Kavada T, et al (1986) Effects of capsaicin on lipid metabolism in rats fed on a high fat diet. J Nutr 116, .
- McCarthy GM and McCarthy DJ (1992) Effects of topical capsaicin in the therapy of painful osteoarthritis of the hands J Rheumatol 19, 604-607.
- Nelson C (1994) Heal the burn: Pepper and lasers in cancer pain therapy. J Natl Cancer Inst 86, 1381
- Peikert A, et al (1991) Topical 0.025% capsaicin in chronic post-herpetic neuralgia: Efficacy, predictors of response and long-term course. J Neurol 238, 452-456
- Pfeifer MA, et al (1993) A highly successful and novel model for treatment of chronic painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Diabete care 16,
- Ross DR, Varipapa RJ (1989) Treatment of painful diabetic neuropathy with topical capsaicin NEJM 321, 474-475
- Saber MS (1976) Antimicrobial substances in certain members of Solanaceae IV. Detection of active principles in pepper plant Zentralbl Bakteriol Parasitenkd Infektionskr Hyg 131(2): 110
- Tandan R, et al (1992a) Total capsaicin in painful diabetic neuropathy. Controlled study with long term follow-up. Diabetes Care 15, 8-14
- Tandan R, et al (1992b) Total capsaicin in painful diabetic neuropathy. Effects on sensory function. Diabetes Care 15, 15-18
- TCSG - The Capsaicin Study Group (1992) Effects of treatment with capsaicin on daily activities of patients with painful diabetic neuropathy Diabetes care 15, 159-165
- Visudhiphan S, et al (1982) The relationship between high fibrinolytic activity and daily capscicum ingestion in Thais Am J Clin Nutr 35, .
- Wang JP, et al (1984) Antiplatelet effect of capsaicin. Thrombosis Res 36, 497-507.
- Wasantapruek S, et al (1974) Enhanced fibrinolytic activity after capsicum ingestion NEJM 290:
- Watson CP and Evans RJ (1992) The post-mastectomy pain syndrome and topical capsaicin. Pain 38, 177-186
- Watson CP, et al (1988) Post-herpetic neuralgia and topical capsaicin pain 33, 333-340